We are Simply NikNaks and may be referred to below as “Simply NikNaks”, “we”, “us”, or “our”. People using our website may be referred to as “customer”, “buyer”, “you” or “your”.
Description of Goods
- Items in the Ceramics & Collectables category may be used or second-hand. These may have minor imperfections commensurate with fair wear and tear and age.
- We are not responsible for manufacturing imperfections in hand-made items that are not described and that the original manufacturer deemed acceptable.
- Items described as seconds or imperfect quality will have some manufacturing fault. Usually, only faults obtained after manufacture (such as cracks or chips in pottery) are described and these are done to the best of our ability.
- Customers are welcome to request a full condition report of any obvious manufacturing faults or any wear and tear of used goods before buying.
- Stock photos are sometimes used and so picture may not be of actual item. Any item sent will be of equivalent value. If the photo shows a numbered piece, actual piece received may have a different number. Buyers are always welcome to request actual or additional photos.
- Payment from UK buyers may be made by Paypal, Credit/Debit Card, Cash (if collecting in person only) or BACS/Bank to Bank transfer (Please use your Order Number in any reference field and email us after payment made so we can check receipt).
- Payment from International buyers may be made by Paypal, Credit/Debit Card, or IBAN/Bank to Bank transfer (Please note that IBAN transfers may have an extra processing fee which will be added to any total payment before checkout. Please use your Order Number in any reference field and email us after payment made so we can check receipt).
- No sales contract will exist and goods may continue to be available for sale until cleared funds for the order are received.
Postage & Delivery
- Customers who spend £20 or above and have a delivery address within the UK will get free standard delivery.
- Customers who spend less than £20 or have a delivery address outside the UK will be charged a delivery fee based on weight & size of order which will be calculated at checkout.
- We do not make any guarantee of delivery dates but will do our best to get your order to you within a reasonable time.
- If you elect for any enhanced delivery service then a signature may be required on delivery.
- If you are out when delivery is attempted the courier usually pushes a card through the door notifying you of collection details. If collection is not made within a specific time frame (usually 2 weeks) the parcel is normally returned to us. If this occurs we will take this as a cancellation of the sales contract and will issue a refund according to our ‘Returns/Refund Policy’.
- We are not responsible for courier failure to notify you of an attempted delivery. We always send an email notification when parcel is sent. You should notify us if parcel is then not received within 7 days (UK) or 14 days (World). We will then confirm courier used, date parcel sent and any tracking number.
- Claims for loss in the post is subject to courier minimum qualifying period and confirmation. Minimum qualifying period is usually 14 days (UK) and 28 days (World) from day after item dispatched. You will be sent an ‘Item Not Received’ form which will need completion and returning. We will then deal with the courier directly and once the courier has confirmed the loss, we will offer either a replacement, a suitable alternative where one is available or a refund.
- Claims for damage in the post or for incomplete orders should be made within 48 hours after receipt. We expect full cooperation from the the customer in submitting any claim for damage with the courier. All original packaging should be kept as it is often required for inspection by the courier. You may be asked to take photo’s of damage and/or packaging or to take packaging to an office or agent of the courier.
- Most items can be collected directly from the business premises at no extra cost by arrangement. Items that are to be personally collected cannot be paid for with Paypal due to their Terms & Conditions.
- International customers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the customer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional P&P charges. We do not mark merchandise below value on any customs declaration as International government regulations prohibit such behaviour.
- Our business is VAT registered. VAT is included (where applicable) in both the goods and the shipping price at the current prevailing UK rate.
- We do not always include or send a VAT invoice but can do so on request.
- Sale prices – the higher price shown would have been charged on at least 1 of our sales outlet channels for a period of at least 28 consecutive days within the last 6 months.
- Buy with confidence with our 100% Satisfaction No Quibble Return Guarantee.
- You may cancel the contract of sale for any reason within 30 days after receipt and obtain a complete refund (including any standard delivery charge made). However, any extra charge (for example an enhanced postage charge for next day delivery) is not refundable on a cancellation.
- Items must be returned in original condition as sent including any boxes, bags, tags etc. Items may be reasonably tried/viewed but only to the extent that would be allowed if the purchase was from a physical shop.
- On cancellation of the sale, the item must be returned within 7 days.
- The buyer is responsible for the item until its safe return and you must pay all return charges or our costs of recovering item. Loss or damage of item before its return is your responsibility.
- Refunds will be issued within 14 days after cancellation and will be by the same method as originally used for payment.
- Items will be checked on return and if not found as originally sent then we may seek compensation.
- If you receive a faulty item we may ask you to return the item for checking or to take photos and send them to us.
- Where it would not be cost effective to ask you to return an item we will either replace, offer a suitable alternative or refund as appropriate without asking you to return the item.
- For minor faults we may ask you or we may be willing to renegotiate original price instead of asking for a return. However, if negotiations fail then we may still require the item to be returned.
- We will reimburse any postal return costs for faulty items provided it is returned by the cheapest service available.
- If, after a return, an item is not found to be faulty, then the return will be treated as a cancellation of the sale and our standard ‘Returns/Refund Policy’ will apply.
- All rights are reserved. All pictures, images and text are either copyrighted to us or we have the authority/permission to use. They may not be copied or used without the express written permission of the ourselves.
Other Terms & Condition
- With all the best intentions, very occasionally things do go wrong. Please email first with any concerns so an attempt to rectify the situation can be made. The leaving of negative feedback without first consulting us may result in further communication being terminated and a ban on future orders.
- Other specific terms and conditions for an item may also be found in the individual description for the item.
- None of these Terms and Conditions effect your statutory rights.